Master of Education in Counseling at Tarleton State University (2011)
Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies at Texas Tech University (1998)
Associate of Arts in Dance Education at Kilgore College (1995)
• EmpathyHQ - Therapist Oct. 2017-present
• ACH Child and Family Services - STAR Counselor Oct. 2013-Sept. 2017
• YWCA - Counseling Intern Sept. 2012-Oct. 2013
• Trauma Support Services of North Texas - Counseling Intern Feb.-Oct. 2013
• The Parenting Center - Counseling Intern Aug. 2010-Feb. 2016
• The Parenting Center - PEPS (Parenting Education Program in Schools) Educator 2010-2012
• Crowley Independent School District, Crowley, Texas - Teacher 1998 – 2008
Melinda is a native of the Fort Worth area, where she currently resides with her husband and barking four-legged furbabies. In her spare time (outside of work), she enjoys traveling, doing anything “Star Wars” related, and spending time with her family and friends.
Melinda has been counseling for over 10 years and sees a wide array of clients from numerous backgrounds from pre-adolescents (10-12), teens/adolescents (13-17), young adults (18-25), and adults (26-65). Melinda is passionate about empowering others to take ownership of their lives in a healthy and positive manner through their thoughts, behaviors, and emotions and to develop appropriate communication techniques and skills to help strengthen and build relationships. Melinda is a Trained and Certified as a Facilitator in the PREPARE/ENRICH for dating, engaged, and married couples and is an approved facilitator on the Twogether in Texas Website as a Marriage Education Service Provider using that program. Along with her work with couples of all ages, she is very experienced working with those who have experienced trauma since she completed training in Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and keeps herself updated in various other trainings throughout her career. Melinda is also a board approved supervisor that mentors and guides graduate students and masters-level clinicians (Licensed Professional Counselor Associates) through the beginning stages of their careers.